What To Expect With Care From Your Local Home Care Agency
Comfort Keepers of Cambridge and Brantford’s home care agency offers care to seniors in the comfort of their own home
Comfort Keepers of Cambridge and Brantford’s home care agency understands how hard it can be for families to provide the care that their loved one needs to remain safely in their home. Whether it is because you don’t live close to your loved one or are not able to provide your loved one with the level of care that they need, our care team can help. A home care agency like Comfort Keepers of Cambridge and Brantford offers many services including keeping the family up-to-date on their loved one’s well-being. This not only keeps families informed but also provides them with peace of mind knowing that their loved one is getting the care they need when they need it.
In addition to providing peace of mind for their loved ones, Comfort Keepers of Cambridge and Brantford provides their clients with a wide range of services that fit the needs and abilities of all of our clients. These care services allow our clients the opportunity to remain safely in the comfort of their own homes while maintaining their dignity and independence. Below is a list of typical in-home services that we can provide. We understand that there might not be an immediate need for all of these services, but with our custom care plans, they can be changed as the needs of your loved one changes.
- Conversation and companionship to enhance a senior’s health happiness and quality of life through social contact at meal time or other moments of the day.
- Meal preparation to help seniors maintain a healthier living through nutritious and delicious meals.
- Light housekeeping, such as dusting, vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms and kitchens, sweeping and mopping floors, taking out trash and organizing and straightening closets and rooms.
- Errand services, such as going to the grocery store, the post office and picking up prescriptions.
- Grocery shopping with or without the client.
- Respite care to assist family members who are providing care for their loved ones. This break allows family time to run errands, go shopping or get much-needed rest from caregiving.
- Medication reminders. Although our home care agency staff cannot administer medications, they can remind the client to take medications and assist in opening medication containers and reading labels.
- Grooming and dressing guidance, such as buttoning clothing, tying shoes and putting on socks.
- Incidental transportation to doctor appointments, barbershops, beauty salons, shopping, wherever the client likes or needs to go.
- Laundry services, which include washing, drying, folding, ironing and putting things away.
- Recreational activities, such as a walk in the park, card and board games, hobbies, crafts and outings to favorite places to keep a senior active and engaged in their life and community.
- Periodic review and communication with family to provide updates on their loved one, answer any concerns or redefine services their loved one may need.
- In-home safety devices that monitor seniors when they are home alone, for their safety, and enable them to quickly summon help with the push of a button in an emergency.
Personal Care Services
- Bathing to help seniors maintain proper hygiene and to refresh their sense of overall well-being.
- Mobility assistance to promote activity and exercise for a more healthful lifestyle as well as improve mood, decrease stress and increase mental alertness.
- Transferring and positioning seniors to help maintain functional activity, reduce atrophy and stiffening of muscles, relieve pressure areas on the skin, and promote proper breathing, digestion, and elimination.
- Toileting and incontinence care to sensitively help seniors maintain dignity as they manage with a loss of independence.
- Oral hygiene to prevent bad breath, tooth decay, and gum disease and assist in prevention of other diseases.
- Feeding and special diet and meal preparation to make certain seniors get the proper nutrition and dieting they need to control medical conditions and ensure good health.
In home care agency providers can offer specialized assistance as well, such as care for hospice patients and their families and for individuals with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementia-related conditions.
You can expect to receive a real value from the services of our home care agency. You can contract with your local Comfort Keepers office and take care of all of the needs above and more. If you or someone you know can benefit from the services of Comfort Keepers of Cambridge and Brantford, please Contact Us or call our Cambridge office at (519) 804-1615 or our Brantford office at (226) 400-2203.