Maintaining Your Loved One’s Well Being During Self-Isolation in Edmonton
Maintaining Your Loved One’s Well Being
Maintaining Your Loved One’s Well Being During Self-Isolation – During the coronavirus pandemic, everyone needs to stay at home as much as possible, especially seniors who are at a higher risk of contracting the virus. Throughout self-isolation, your loved one needs to focus on their physical and mental well-being and engage in various activities that prevent loneliness, apathy, and boredom.
Here is what your family can do to make sure your loved one stays healthy and happy during these challenging times:
- Helping with basic needs – Younger family members and expert care providers can help your loved one by performing outdoor activities like running errands, going to the post office, shopping for groceries, picking up medications, and more. You should also consider online shopping.
- Staying in touch with family and friends – Your loved one can still talk to and see their nearest and dearest via Skype, FaceTime, and other platforms.
- Participating in enjoyable activities – Some ways to stay engaged at home include solving puzzles, reading books, listening to music, watching TV shows, gardening, and much more.
- Staying physically active – Seniors need to move their bodies during self-isolation to stay in good health. Some examples of senior-friendly exercises that can be done indoors include yoga, stretching or dancing. Your loved one can also view online workout sessions for older adults.
- Eating a healthy diet – Instead of munching on sweets and other not-so-healthy pleasures, your loved one should eat a healthy, well-balanced diet consisting primarily of fruits, veggies, protein, and grain.
- Cleaning the home – Now is a great time to plan spring cleaning. Your loved one can clean their home with the help of a professional caregiver or family members and enjoy a decluttered, well-organized, and disinfected living space.
- Celebrating holidays – There are many upcoming holidays that your loved one can celebrate. Even if they cannot leave their home, they can still dress up, make a nice meal, and schedule a video call with family and friends.
- Finding joy in simple daily activities – Your loved one can enjoy simple activities like a game of cards, a baking project, or a phone call with a dear friend.
If you need additional assistance Maintaining Your Loved One’s Well Being During Self-Isolation, Comfort Keepers of Edmonton is here to help. It is important to point out that all our caregivers are well-trained in safety protocols and adequately equipped with protective gear to provide safe and stellar in-home care. Give us a call today to learn more about our customized services during the pandemic.
Comments are closed.