Transition care services are all part of our program of care for seniors living in Guelph, Ontario
Making the transition from full-time care at a hospital or one of the many local rehabilitation centers can be difficult for many seniors. Transition care services are all part of our comprehensive care for seniors here at Comfort Keepers. We can provide your loved one with a skilled caregiver who can make the process safer and more comfortable.
The First Few Days
The first few days after an extended stay in the hospital are critical to your loved one’s successful recovery and their overall health. Numerous medical studies have found that without the proper transition care, there is a significant risk of relapse, leading to a slower recovery and possible readmission.
It’s not uncommon for family members to step up and help care for their loved ones. However, most lack the necessary training and skills to handle the challenges that come with caring for a loved one fresh home from the hospital can take. Which is where the care for seniors offered at Comfort Keepers comes in.
What Is Transitioning Care?
Transitioning care is highly specialized care that is designed to make the move from the constant supervision of the hospital to home less stressful. Among the many services we offer are:
- Working with the medical care team to create a working care and support plan
- Assistance with medication reminders and management
- Help around the house, such as preparing meals, doing the laundry, light housekeeping, and running errands
- Plan for proper nutrition as part of our Nourish Senior Life program
- We can provide transportation for follow-ups with your loved one’s medical care team
- Remain in communication with their doctor and medical care team
- Provide you the peace of mind that comes with knowing your loved one is in good hands
We Are Here to Help
Along with the care for seniors we offer, our caregivers are trained to assist with recovering from medical issues such as myocardial infarction (heart attacks), congestive heart failure, and pneumonia. Once your loved one has recovered, our caregivers can provide incidental transportation to places in the Guelph area. We can even offer a ride to places to meet up with old friends over a delicious meal.
If you have a loved one who is coming to the end of an extended stay in the hospital or rehabilitation center and is need of transitioning care, contact Comfort Keepers of Guelph, ON for more information on the care for seniors we provide. Our phone lines are open 24/7 to take your call, answer many of your questions, and schedule your free in-home consultation with a transitioning care advisor to discuss your loved one’s needs in detail.