Interactive Caregiving™ – our distinctive approach to elder care at home—is at the very heart of our business in Newmarket, ON
Interactive Caregiving™ raises seniors’ quality of life and independence to a level higher than typical elder care at home. Like other care providers, we deliver essential personal care, companionship and housekeeping services that help seniors live at home. Through Interactive Caregiving, our caregivers fully engage and interact with seniors during their care at home.
Keeping Seniors Engaged and Active with Care at Home
Personal support workers allow seniors to take as active a role in their own elder care as they are able. Our caregivers interact with seniors in physical, mental and social activities they look forward to—going on walks or dancing, reminiscing, working on crossword puzzles or a cherished hobby, visiting favorite people and places.
The result? Healthier, safer, more fulfilling lives … in the comfort of home.
The Interactive Caregiving Difference
Through the Interactive Caregiving approach to elder care at home, care aides actively promote health so seniors can continue to enjoy independent living at home.
Our agency uses Interactive Caregiving to make a positive difference in the lives of each senior client. For instance:
- Physical exercise helps seniors reduce the risk of falls, because it conditions and strengthens their muscles. Studies show that exercise is more effective in preventing falls than home modifications.
- Mental activities like solving puzzles or reminiscing help keep the mind nimble and unclouded by negative thoughts.
- Nutritious meals and proper hydration are good for the body and help keep seniors’ minds sharp, too.
- Home safety is promoted by the companionship of a caregiver and preventive measures, including safety technologies available through our offices
Comfort Keepers ® System
Solid research confirms the Interactive Caregiving system of elder care at home; seniors who stay actively engaged retain better cognitive function, remain in better physical condition and live happily and independently longer.
Four Essential Components to Interactive Caregiving
Interactive Caregiving operates on four primary components, which we put to work as they care for, engage and interact with their clients:
- An active senior mind promotes independence, better mental and physical health, happiness and a longer life.
- A well-nourished senior is more energetic, both physically and mentally.
- A safe senior lives in an environment that reduces the likelihood of accidents and promotes timely response when illness or accidents occur.
- Home safety is promoted by the companionship of a care provider and preventive measures, including safety technologies available through our agency.