ARE YOU A COMFORT KEEPER?
Required Immediately – Companion/Homemaker
Job Type: Part-time
Comfort Keepers is currently looking for Companions/Homemakers to provide non-medical in-home companion care in the Ottawa region.
As a Companion/Homemaker, you will
- Be responsible for non-medical, in-home support services which provide for the comfort, safety, and general supervision of clients as well as home management services.
- Provide companionship for clients including, but not limited to – talking and listening, reading aloud, providing social and emotional support. Promote the client’s mental alertness through involvement in activities of interest. Provide emotional support and promote a sense of well-being.
- Provide for a clean, safe, and healthy environment for clients and family members. Provide light housekeeping tasks that may include laundering of clients clothing and linens.
Comfort Keepers provides these Companion/Homemaking services to our clients mornings, afternoon, evenings, overnights and weekends. Let us know when you want to work and we can likely accommodate you.
To be considered you must possess:
- a current police record check for the vulnerable sector;
- copy of immunization; CPR/First aid
- Previous senior healthcare experience
- Although it is not mandatory, access to a vehicle would be considered an asset.
How to apply:
1.) Complete our online application at: https://ck3005.ersp.biz/index.cfm?event=Apply.index
2.) Email your résumé to: email@example.com
Please reference “Companion/Homemaker” in the subject line of your email.
For more information about Comfort Keepers, please visit our website: www.comfortkeepers.ca/ottawa