5 Signs It’s Time for Senior Care
While your aging loved one may be able to live freely at home and take adequate care of themselves for the time being, a decline in physical and mental faculties may require some form of aid and support in the future.
When this occurs, one of the finest solutions you can devise is to collaborate with a professional senior care service that can provide quality, individualized senior care while allowing your Mom or Dad to remain safely and comfortably in their own home and on their own terms.
But how can you know when it’s time to make additional care arrangements? Here are five frequent signals that it may be time to look for a dependable care helper for your parent:
- Everyone tends to forget things at times, however if an elderly loved one is regularly misplacing objects, forgetting names or dates of significant events, or is generally confused most of the time, speak with a physician for an accurate diagnosis and begin looking for expert in home care. Our caregivers are trained in Alzheimer’s and Dementia and will provide supportive and expert care.
- As someone ages, they may need help getting around or with everyday things like getting in and out of bed. A caregiver will be there for them every step of the way and make sure they are getting around properly and safely.
Malnutrition/Poor Eating Habits
- It is very important for seniors to maintain a healthy and fulfilling diet. Seniors may not want to cook as often as they used to or can’t get to the store as much to buy fresh ingredients. Caregivers can take them to and from the grocery store and prepare meals for them to ensure they are getting the proper nutrition.
Falls & Accidents
- If an elder falls, it can be very serious and even lead to a hospital stay. Our caregivers can restore safety in your loved ones’ home and be there to help prevent falls or accidents.
Poor Hygiene/Lack of Housekeeping
- A major sign of needing extra care is when someone stops keeping up with their personal hygiene and/or neglects cleaning their home. We can provide light housekeeping to keep things tidy and clean. We can also assist with bathing, grooming, dressing, etc. to make sure a senior is still getting ready for the day, wearing clean clothes, and keeping up with themselves overall.
We Are Here For You
Deciding it is time for a loved one to start receiving senior care can be a tough decision for both them and yourself. We will create a customized plan for them and make sure they are comfortable, safe and happy in their home. Give us a call at (204)-488-4600 or click the button below to fill out our free home care survey and we will get in touch!