Sometimes a family caregiver just cannot meet the increasing medical needs of a loved one and families need nursing services. Comfort Keepers® can help. Our specially trained nurses provide the level of in-home nursing services a loved one needs to stay safely at home rather than in a nursing facility or hospital.
What is Private Nursing?
In contrast to our traditional in-home senior care services, in-home nursing services provide one-on-one medical care to an individual in the home or a facility. Private nurses offer a higher level of care while working in tandem with the personal support worker providing homemaking or personal care services. Our goal is to provide the customized nursing services a client needs and all from one agency.
How We Can Help
Our skilled home health licensed/registered practical nurses (LPNs and RPNs) and registered nurses (RNs) can perform many in-home nursing services tasks such as the following:
- Administering medications, such as oral and topical medications, eye and eardrops, injections, nebulizers, inhalants, and oxygen
- Providing personal medical care, including nail trimming, foot care, oral cavity suctioning, and bowel supervision
- Wound care
- Blood Samples
- Post Operative Care
- Filling insulin syringes, interpreting blood sugar results and physician-ordered sliding scale dosages, and drawing up and/or mixing insulin for future injections
- Maintaining ostomy and catheter hygiene
- Setting up medications in weekly pill boxes or automatic medication dispensing machines to help ensure medications are administered appropriately
- Care training for family members
Our private nurses in Kelowna, BC are available to assist clients in their in-home nursing needs 24 hours a day, seven days a week with our nursing services. We can arrange regularly scheduled visits or on an as-needed basis. We work closely with the client’s medical team and family to provide extended support. If you have any questions about our services contact us today.