The Journey to Recovery
Trustworthy in-home senior care can ease your loved one’s transition from the hospital or rehabilitation facility to home, leading to a better, more comfortable recovery. Comfort Keepers® offers this to residents of Kelowna, BC, and the surrounding area.
Whenever you contemplate the time following surgery or a hospital stay, you can see how critical it is to a loved one’s health and rehabilitation. According to studies, inadequate assistance and care following surgery or a lengthy hospital stay might result in a slower recovery or even readmission to the hospital.
Family members often take on caring for a loved one after a hospital stay but can find they are untrained or ill-prepared to meet the physical and emotional challenges of such care. That is why we offer services to ease the transition home.
Understanding Transitioning Care within In-Home Senior Care
This specialized in-home senior care helps ease your loved one’s transition from a hospital stay to the home. Some of the services Comfort Keepers can provide includes the following:
- Assisting with the discharge planning staff to create and support the care plan to aid the recovery process
- Medication management and assistance
- Assistance with household activities and responsibilities, including meal preparation, housekeeping, and running errands
- Nutrition Management through our Nourish Senior Life programme
- Our care helpers can help with follow-up physician visits by reminding your loved one of the visit and arranging transportation
- Communication with the medical team as needed
- Peace of mind for family and friends
How Our In-Home Senior Care Can Help
In addition to the customary homemaker/companion and personal care services we provide, we can adapt care services to accommodate clients with specific medical needs such as:
- congestive heart failure
- myocardial infarction (heart attack)
Let our in-home care help guide you safely through the transition process. We offer clients peace of mind and can help with their recovery once their loved one returns home. Our in-home senior care services in Kelowna, BC are available 24 hours a day and seven days a week to help your family member recover.