Let Comfort Keepers provide your elderly loved one with a skilled private duty nurse in Guelph, ON
When you have an elderly loved one you are caring for, there may come a time when the services you can provide no longer meet their increasing medical needs. This is where having the help of a private duty nurse from Comfort Keepers serving the Guelph, ON area makes sense. Our skilled LPNs and RNs (licensed practical nurse – registered nurse) have the advanced training needed to provide the higher level of care your loved one needs. Providing this level of care may help to keep your loved one at home rather than in a nursing home.
What Is the Difference?
While our standard caregivers are there to assist with things like personal care, light housekeeping, transportation, and more, our nurses are there for a different reason. Your loved one’s private duty nurse is trained to provide the customized, one-on-one medical care they need whether they are still living at home or are in an assisted living facility.
Help at the Next Level
Our staff of LPNs and RNs are trained to provide a wide range of medical assistance, including:
- setting up medications in weekly pill boxes or automatic medication dispensing machines to help ensure medications are administered appropriately
- care training for family members
- administering medications, such as oral and topical medications, eye and eardrops, injections, nebulizers, inhalants, and oxygen
- filling insulin syringes, interpreting blood sugar results and physician-ordered sliding scale dosages, and drawing up and/or mixing insulin for future injections
- maintaining ostomy and catheter hygiene
- providing personal medical care, including nail trimming, oral cavity suctioning, and bowel supervision
We can provide your loved one with a private duty nurse as needed hourly, daily, even full around-the-clock 24-hour coverage. We work hand-in-hand with your loved one’s medical care team to ensure smooth continuity of care.
To learn more about having a private duty nurse assist in caring for your loved one, contact your local Comfort Keepers office serving the Guelph, ON area. We can schedule your free consultation to discuss your loved one’s needs with a skilled care advisor.