Our dementia care services can aid you in caring for your loved one at home while also giving the essential assistance and high-quality care. We think that everyone, regardless of age or degree of care, deserves to have moments of connection, purpose, and elevation.
Please reach out today to get more information regarding our Alzheimer’s and dementia care services: 365-607-0870.
The Advantages of In-Home Dementia Care Services
There are numerous advantages of receiving dementia care at home, particularly for seniors suffering from cognitive decline:
- Families will have a consistent caregiver (or a team of caregivers) to establish a familiar relationship with their loved one.
- Each caregiver on our team has received memory care best practices training.
- We educate and provide resources to family members about dementia and memory loss.
- We keep seniors active on all levels: physically, cognitively, and emotionally.
- Other in-home care services, such as personal care, companion care, and respite care, are included.
- If necessary, our team can provide medication reminders.
- SafetyChoice can be added to your loved one’s program, providing them with medical alert systems, motion detectors, and other gadgets to keep them safe when they are alone.
How Can Comfort Keepers Assist?
Comfort Keepers is knowledgeable about Alzheimer’s Disease, dementia, symptoms, how memory loss impacts behavior, and how it progresses at different rates. Our caregivers are tested for empathy, educated to help elders with Alzheimer’s disease and other types of dementia, and trained to find ways to lift the spirits of clients and their families through specialized home care planning.
The Comfort Keepers Interactive Caregiving technology is also used by our caregivers. —— We get to know our customers on a more personal level with Interactive Caregiving, learning about their hobbies, preferences, and even prior life experiences. This allows us to blend mental and physical activity models. Our clients and caregivers form friendships. They listen to music from their favorite era on a regular basis, read an old favorite book, or engage in memory activities like going through family photos or debating recent events.
The Following Services Are Included in Our Dementia Care Programs
Care plans that are tailored to a senior’s physical, emotional, mental, and social well-being. Cognitively stimulating activities that are enjoyable and beneficial to one’s physical and emotional well-being. These activities are included in the dementia care plan to improve quality of life and physical health by taking into consideration your loved one’s hobbies and skills.
A caregiver who can help with diet and fitness routines, as well as companionship, respite care, and other needs.
Family caregivers have access to resources for medical experts, support groups, and services.
How to Care for Dementia-Affected Seniors at Home
When caring for a loved one who has dementia, it is critical to be adaptable and patient. We are always available to advise families on how to manage daily tasks and care for someone who is at risk of dementia, such as:
- Cut back on your irritants.
- Be adaptable.
- Make a secure environment.
- Individualized care is prioritized.
Comfort Keepers can help you and your loved one put these ideas into action in order to provide the finest environment and care plan for any type of dementia. Our caregivers are trained to deliver Alzheimer’s and dementia care services that encourage meaningful involvement, foster genuine, compassionate connections, and follow a care plan that changes as the senior’s requirements change.