At Comfort Keepers in Oshawa, ON we understand that each client has different care requirements and preferences. We have put a lot into developing a comprehensive suite of home care services aimed at improving senior living. Our customized plans ensure that your loved one receives the right mix of care services at the level that they prefer, allowing them to live happily while you enjoy complete peace of mind.
Call us today at 365-607-0870 to get more information.
Services for Personal Care
Grooming, Bathing, and Hygiene
- We enjoy assisting clients in looking and feeling their best. These services not only improve our clients’ mental and physical well-being, but also help them feel good about themselves. Bathing not only cleanses the skin, but also refreshes the spirit, relaxes the body, and stimulates circulation.
Assistance with Mobility
- We can assist clients with mobility as needed to help them maintain as active a lifestyle as possible. Seniors benefit from being able to get out and about in terms of both physical and mental health. Increased stamina and energy, a stronger heart, lower blood pressure, and improved digestion and sleep are all physical health benefits of physical activity. Furthermore, physical activity improves mood, relieves stress, and boosts mental alertness.
Positioning and Transferring
- Our personal support workers are trained to move and position clients in proper posture positions to promote health and safety, as well as the proper functioning of the body’s many systems. Proper transferring and positioning from or into beds and chairs relieves pressure on skin, reduces muscle weakening and stiffening, and promotes proper breathing, digestion, and elimination.
Toileting and Incontinence Management
- Our team members provide compassionate and sensitive care for seniors and other adults, assisting them in maintaining dignity and self-esteem while receiving assistance with activities of daily living. Comfort Keepers’ caring approach to personal home care services helps to alleviate clients’ embarrassment associated with the loss of independence caused by incontinence and the need for toileting assistance.
Special Diet and Feeding
- Adults may require assistance feeding themselves for a variety of reasons, and this loss of independence can be difficult to accept. Our team understands this, which is why we go out of our way to make mealtime an enjoyable social time. Furthermore, Comfort Keepers assist seniors and other clients in adhering to prescribed diets to prevent or control a wide range of medical conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, and osteoporosis. In general, we help clients eat a well-balanced diet that provides them with the energy they need for active living as well as the nutrients they need for disease prevention, healing, and healthy living.
Conversation about Companion Care and Companionship
- Our caring team members are available to keep clients company and engage with them in order to create memories that will last a lifetime. Some of these examples include having a client pitch in with tasks like laundry or housekeeping, or simply sitting down to share a meal or going for a walk together. This type of care has been shown to improve seniors’ health, happiness, and quality of life.
- We prepare hot, delicious, and nutritious meals and allow clients to assist with preparation to the extent of their ability. Many seniors do not have the opportunity to eat a well-balanced meal, so this service assists seniors in obtaining the nutrition they require to live a healthier lifestyle.
- These services, which include washing, drying, ironing, and putting things away, can be performed at the client’s home or at a Laundromat. Comfort Keepers work with clients to ensure that their laundry is done according to their preferences.
- Vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, and mopping floors, cleaning bathrooms (sinks, tubs, showers, and toilets), cleaning kitchens (sinks, appliances, counters, trash removal), straightening all rooms, organizing closets and drawers, and cleaning easily accessible interior windows are all part of our light housekeeping services. Please be aware that we do not provide outdoor maintenance as part of our personal home care services.
Shopping for groceries/running errands
- Our personal support workers will shop for groceries and run errands for their clients, such as picking up prescriptions or going to the post office. As an excellent way to stay active and engaged, clients may choose to stay at home or assist with shopping and errands. Comfort Keepers will redeem any coupons that are provided.
- All of our employees are capable of transporting clients to medical appointments, barbershops, beauty salons, shopping, or anywhere else they desire. Getting seniors out and about is beneficial to their mind, body, and spirit, and it is an essential component of Comfort Keepers’ Interactive Caregiving. Senior safety is ensured by a background check that includes a look at driving records.
Reminders for Medication
- Although our team members are unable to administer medications, they can assist clients in taking their own medication as prescribed. Comfort Keepers can help open medication containers, read labels, and remind clients when it’s time to take a dose.
- Our personal home care services include assistance with hair washing and combing, as well as other grooming tasks, so that clients can feel confident in their appearance.
- We can tailor care to each client’s specific needs and budget, from a few hours per week to full-time care. Our personal support workers are able to provide daily, full-time care through our live-in services. This service provides family members with peace of mind, and it is especially beneficial for individuals who may be at risk when left alone, such as those with Alzheimer’s disease or other dementia-related conditions.
- Depending on the needs of each client, our team can provide care for your loved one that is truly 24 hours a day, seven days a week. As a personal support worker is always present, awake and alert, this provides clients and their families with full-time peace of mind.
Contact us today at 365-607-0870 and fill out the FREE form below to learn more about our in-home assistance services and to begin developing a customized plan for the home care services your senior loved one requires to remain independent.