Our Senior Companion Care Helps Ensure Seniors In Winnipeg Are Healthy And Happy
As we age, it gets harder to do the things we do every day. Some elders cannot do their daily tasks without help. As mobility problems get worse, even simple things like taking a bath can become dangerous because it’s easy to slip and fall. This makes people’s health and well-being get worse over time. Seniors in the Winnipeg area can get senior companion care from Comfort Keepers instead of taking risks or giving up many daily activities.
Our team of companion caregivers are trained to care for seniors in a way that shows respect and lets your loved one stay in their own home. With the help of our kind and caring companion care, they can live the life they want at home. We help seniors with things like bathing, getting around, making meals, and other daily tasks.
Bathing and Personal Care Assistance
- People bathe on a daily basis for a variety of reasons. Some people consider it a part of their morning regimen. Others see it as a means to unwind or recharge. Regardless matter why one bathes, taking a bath or shower is an essential aspect of life. Instead of abandoning daily hygiene and grooming practices, seniors can someone to help. We come immediately to your house, apartment, assisted care facility, or other place of residence. Depending on the level of care required, we will either supervise or participate in bathing. Our senior companion care workers are all educated to make bathing fun and comfortable.
- Oral hygiene is a critical component of any personal home care strategy. Often, the earliest signs of an ailment or disease are discovered in the month. If neglected for too long, a lack of dental care can lead to overall bad health, tooth loss, and other major problems. Our specialists are trained to ensure that seniors wash their teeth and maintain their oral health.
- Our personal appearance maintenance includes more than just cleanliness. Our caregivers can also assist seniors with dressing and hair styling. Seniors may look and feel their best with personal, in-home care services from industry leaders.
Mobility Assistance and Keeping Seniors Active
- Just because you desire to stay at home does not mean you will never wish to go. If you or an elderly family member is unable to leave the house due to mobility limitations or other issues, let us assist you with companion care.
- If you don’t have a specific destination in mind, a caregiver can accompany you on a walk or to a nearby park. Getting out and about is both physically and mentally healthy. Seniors who remain cooped up indoors are more likely to develop depression and health problems.
- Seniors who are unable to go outside can participate in light exercise with the assistance of our knowledgeable caregivers. We’ll make sure you stay active without overworking or risking injury. We can help you stay healthy and active by providing mobility assistance.
- Bathroom troubles, whether adult or child, can be embarrassing. Toileting problems or incontinence can lead to major health difficulties in seniors who live alone. While strange odors are normally the focus of attention, skin infections and other medical issues can often be found hidden away. Our sensitive care team knows the numerous concerns associated with toileting disorders. They invest the time required to develop an effective, workable home care plan. Once in place, this plan of care guarantees that seniors are not embarrassed and that their self-esteem is maintained.
Dietary Care and Meal Preparation
- Proper nutrition is critical from the moment of birth through all stages of life. Maintaining a healthy, balanced diet as we age can be difficult. Missing meals or becoming vitamin or mineral deficient has major consequences for the elderly.
- Our experienced caregivers are companions who prepare nutritious meals to ensure that your loved one receives the nutrition they require. If you have a specific diet or dietary restrictions for personal or religious reasons, our staff can prepare tasty, healthful meals that match your needs.
- There is more to mealtime than just eating. One of the joys of being human is the shared experience of dining with another person. You get a meal companion as well as a healthy meal when you hire a personal care helper. Your caregiver will sit down and eat with you after preparing your meal, bringing conversation and companionship you won’t find anywhere else.
Contact Us Now!
If you or a senior friend or family member would benefit from companion care, give us a call at (204) 500-0175 or fill out our free home care survey. We are glad to help and come up with a plan that works best for each unique individual.