Welcome to Comfort Keepers Home Care of Victoria BC
Our home care enables seniors to live a better life.
As your elderly loved one ages, you may become increasingly concerned about their safety and ability to live independently in their own home. Through years of experience in the caregiving industry, we have come to learn there is a delicate balance between requiring care and remaining independent. Helping clients maintain independence and age gracefully at home is one of the main reasons why people love our in home care services. We firmly believe our assistance can make a positive difference in elevating the quality of life of those we serve.
Working with Comfort Keepers makes it possible for your loved one to engage in their favorite routines and be cared for in the comfort of their own home, while you can find peace of mind knowing that your family member is receiving high-quality care. For most family caregivers, providing long term care on their own is not an option, especially for those who look after seniors with mobility issues, chronic conditions, or cognitive impairments. And seeking support is perfectly fine, as long as we can work together to ensure our loved ones are properly cared for.
Our unique approach to home care
At Comfort Keepers of Victoria, BC, our independently owned and operated caregiving agency provides a unique and comprehensive system of in-home supportive services, which we call Interactive Caregiving. In a nutshell, by providing care with an interactive component, our referred caregiver can help your elderly loved one to live the life they want to live, maintaining their independence and overall well-being as much as possible. This signature approach is incorporated in all our care plans, regardless of whether your family member needs help 24 hours every day or they can get by with just 5 hours of respite caregiving per week.
Our home care services
Some of the most common home care services we regularly provide throughout Victoria and the surrounding communities of British Columbia include:
- In Home Care, which comprises assistance with daily routines such as homemaking, meal prep, laundry, medication reminders, grocery shopping, and running errands, and much more.
- Interactive Caregiving, our proprietary approach to home care that is woven into each care plan we deliver. The core principle of our unique caregiving approach is to find ways to engage seniors in their care and make planned efforts to boost their quality of life by promoting physical, mental, emotional, and social wellness.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care, providing clients afflicted with cognitive decline with specialized memory care. It allows seniors with dementia to continue living safely in the familiar surroundings of their beloved home rather than moving to assisted living.
- End of Life Care, offering families looking after a terminally ill parent or relative with ample support and compassionate care during the end of life transition.
- Respite Care, allowing primary caregivers to take a break from their caregiving duties while their elderly loved one is in the safe hands of a dedicated professional trained to adequately meet their need
Why quality senior care is important
When inquiring about professional care options in the Victoria area, it’s important to fully comprehend your loved one’s care needs and try to distinguish superior care services from mediocre or low-quality ones. Receiving improper or insufficient care will not only fall short on addressing your loved one’s needs adequately, but their quality of life can suffer too. When improper care goes on for some time, it can really pave the way for loss of independence and dramatic declines in a person’s well-being during their senior years.
The three biggest factors leading to these problems include falls that cause fractures and injuries and lead to hospitalization, medication mismanagement, and inadequate or poor nutrition. When you come to think about it, senior safety and well-balanced nutrition have to be at the very core of senior care. These essential aspects of aging lay the foundation for a good life in our golden years.
Choosing Comfort Keepers as your partner in caregiving means choosing the best possible service for your loved one. Our care plans are personalized and personal, meeting your parent or relative’s exact needs at any given moment. We can help your loved one with personal care and offer companion care as well as specialized care programs like post-hospital care, dementia care, end of life care, and others. Whatever type of care your family is looking for, we have you covered!
We are here to help
By working with Comfort Keepers of Victoria, your loved one’s senior years can be love-filled, vibrant times in their life that allows them to age with dignity and independence in the home they love so much. Your elderly loved one deserves that. We all do. Our loving caregivers are more than happy to help make your family member’s golden years as memorable and as pleasant as possible.
Contact us online or call our local office directly at 778-402-2175 for more information about our home care services. We are here to answer all your questions and schedule your free in-home assessment in the near future. Comfort Keepers is looking forward to hearing from you!