Quarantine Care from Comfort Keepers of Victoria, BC
Providing Assistance For a Loved One Who Needs to Quarantine in Victoria, BC, and Surrounding Areas
With COVID-19, families are required to meet a whole new set of challenges. In particular, the government requires that all seniors newly arriving at a facility must quarantine for 14 days to assure they are free from the risk of infecting others with the coronavirus. If your loved one needs to undergo a mandated quarantine, Comfort Keepers of Victoria can make sure they remain comfortable and safe throughout the transition process.
Mitigating the Risk of Isolation
Quarantine can be a difficult time for anyone, but seniors are especially vulnerable to feelings of loneliness and isolation. At Comfort Keepers, our thoughtful, trained professionals are skilled at ensuring your loved one stays busy with activities and conversation so they won’t feel as if they’re on their own during this trying time.
Coming out from under the threat of COVID-19 should be a joyful experience, and you can rest assured that our professional caregivers will do their very best to make it so. Each one of our support workers is trained to follow strict protocols such as:
- Proper use of PPE including gloves and masks.
- Strictly following all PHAC-directed hygiene procedures such as regular hand washing, rigorous waste disposal, and the careful sanitization of all surfaces using only hospital-grade disinfectants.
- Staying home whenever the caregiver feels even slightly ill.
- Refraining from caring for anyone who has tested positive for COVID to ensure the caregiver and your loved one remain free from infection.
- Familiarizing themselves with the symptoms of COVID-19, and taking immediate precautions if necessary.
Premium Senior Care Services
At Comfort Keepers, we know that there’s a lot of time and effort required to make sure your loved one is getting all the help they need. A few of the many services we provide include:
- Conversation and emotional support.
- Engaging your loved one in a fun and fruitful activities.
- Monitoring prescriptions and providing transportation to appointments.
- Shopping for groceries and preparing meals.
- Assistance with all aspects of daily living, including personal hygiene and bathroom visits.
We Are Here to Help!
If an elderly member of your family is about to enter a new facility in Victoria, BC, or the surrounding area, Comfort Keepers can assist your family by supplying the best support and care during your loved one’s 14-day quarantine. To learn more about how we can help, reach out to us online, or give us a call today at (778) 402-2175.