Comfort Keepers recognizes the challenges that families face when caring for seniors with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia, especially when they desire to remain at home safely. This is why we provide a variety of dementia care services to assist elders with cognitive impairment in remaining safe and healthy at home. Our dementia and Alzheimer’s care programs can aid you in caring for your loved one at home while also providing you with the essential assistance and high-quality care. We think that everyone, regardless of age or degree of care, should have the opportunity to experience moments of connection, purpose, and elevation. Dial (778) 716-0276 today to get started.
Advantages of In-Home Dementia Care Programs
Comfort Keepers is well-versed on Alzheimer’s Disease, dementia, symptoms, how memory loss impacts behavior, and how it progresses at different rates. There are numerous advantages to receiving dementia and Alzheimer’s care at home, particularly for seniors suffering from some sort of cognitive decline:
- Families will have a consistent caregiver (or team of caregivers) to build a familiar relationship with your loved one.
- Each caregiver on our team has received memory care training.
- We provide family members with dementia and memory loss knowledge and assistance.
- We keep elders physically, mentally, and emotionally engaged.
- SafetyChoice can be added to your loved one’s program so that they have medical alert systems, motion detectors, and other gadgets to keep them safe when they are alone.
How Comfort Keepers Can Assist
Our caregivers are tested for empathy, educated to support elders with Alzheimer’s disease and other types of dementia, and trained to find ways to lift the spirits of clients and their families through specialized home care planning.
Our caregivers also use the Comfort Keepers Interactive Caregiving system. With Interactive Caregiving, we get to know our customers on a more personal level, learning about their hobbies, preferences, and even prior life experiences. This allows us to blend simulations of mental and physical activities. Our clients and caregivers form bonds. They often listen to music from their favorite era, read an old favorite book, or engage in memory activities such as looking through family photos or discussing current events.
Our Dementia Care Programs Include the Following Services
- Dementia and Alzheimer’s care plans that are tailored to a senior’s physical, emotional, mental, and social wellbeing.
- Cognitively stimulating activities that are joyful and beneficial to one’s physical and emotional well-being. These activities are included in the care plan to boost quality of life and physical health by taking your loved one’s hobbies and skills into account.
- A caregiver who can help with nutrition and fitness routines, as well as companionship, respite care, and other requirements.
- Family caregivers can access resources for medical experts, support groups, and services.
How to Care for Seniors with Dementia at Home
When caring for a loved one with dementia, it is critical to be adaptable and patient. We are always available to advise families on how to handle daily obligations and care for someone who is at risk of dementia, including:
- Reduce your irritants.
- Be adaptable
- Make a secure environment
Comfort Keepers can assist you and your loved one in putting these ideas into action in order to provide the finest environment and care plan for any type of dementia. Our caregivers are trained to deliver Alzheimer’s and dementia care programs that foster meaningful involvement, genuine, compassionate interactions, and adherence to a care plan that evolves as the senior’s requirements change.
Make An Appointment For A Free Consultation Today!
Do you require specialist memory care in the Parksville area? Is your loved one dealing with a variety of setbacks that make it tough for them to go about their daily living activities? Comfort Keepers is here to help. Contact us today at (778) 716-0276 to schedule a free consultation to learn more about dementia and Alzheimer’s care plans. A team member is delighted to meet with you for a no-obligation consultation to discuss your specific needs, schedule, and budget.