It might be hard to give someone else the care of someone you love. With Comfort Keepers, you can be sure that they will be well taken care of at home. Our caregivers are well-trained and will stay with your loved one for as long or as little time as you want. They will be there for you. Our senior clients get a customized care plan that includes mental, physical, and emotional activities that help them be more involved and connect with each other. You can take a break when you need to. When your family needs respite care, we’ll be there to help.
Choosing Comfort Keepers is the best choice for your loved one because we treat each senior as though they were a member of our own family, which makes us the best choice. You can call our office at (778) 716-0276 to find out more about how we can help with respite care for seniors.
Respite Care: What Is It?
Respite care for seniors is short-term care that gives primary caregiving tasks to someone else, like a professional caregiver, a family member, or a friend, so primary caregivers can take a break from caring for a short time.
There are many types of respite care for seniors. Some family caregivers choose to have someone else take care of their loved ones for a few hours a week or a few hours a day while they are away from them. It is also possible to hire temporary help for a long time so that you can go on a long break or vacation.
What To Know When Caring For An Elder Loved One
Caring for an elderly family member or friend can be both rewarding and difficult at the same time. For people to keep having fun as family caregivers, they need to remember to take breaks and care for their own well-being from time to time. It’s important to know that being a primary caregiver can cause grief, worry, and physical strain, so it’s important to know that. If caregivers don’t think about their own needs or take a break, their health and well-being could be in danger. There are many families who like the idea of having home care help them.
With short-term help, family caregivers can get back the joy they felt when they looked after a loved one. We help families find the right balance between taking care of a family member and taking care of themselves. Our caring caregivers build strong relationships with families and make sure everyone is on the same page.
How We Can Help You
Choose Comfort Keepers and you get help with everything you need to make your loved one’s life better. This includes things like:
- Professionally trained caregivers for the elderly
- Structured activities that are based on the interests of older people to keep them active, mentally, and emotionally stimulated.
- Do chores that need to be done like cooking and cleaning as well as bathing, dressing, and going to the store with your friend.
- 24-hour care and alert services
- A personal care service helps people with bathing, dressing, and grooming.
- Reminders about taking your medicine
- Meal planning and help with diets
- Monitoring after a procedure
- Transportation to and from appointments and other events
- In-home safety checks
- SafetyChoice in-home safety technologies, like medical alert systems and motion detectors, keep people safe at home.