Professional Home Care Nursing in Parksville, Qualicum Beach, and Nanaimo, BC
Our living assistance services offer the next level of care for your loved one
Sometimes a family caregiver just cannot meet the increasing medical needs of a loved one. Comfort Keepers’ home care nursing services can help. Our specially trained nurses provide the level of living assistance a loved one needs to stay safely at home rather than in a nursing facility or hospital.
What is Private Nursing?
In contrast to Comfort Keepers’ traditional in-home care services, home care nursing provides one-on-one medical care to an individual in the home or a facility. Private nurses provide the higher level of care while working in tandem with the caregiver who is providing homemaking or personal care services. Our goal is to provide the customized care needed by a client, and all from one living assistance agency.
How Comfort Keepers Can Help
Our skilled home health licensed/registered practical nurses (LPNs and RPNs) and registered nurses (RNs) can perform many medical tasks such as the following:
- Administering medications, such as oral and topical medications, eye and eardrops, injections, nebulizers, inhalants, and oxygen
- Providing personal medical care, including nail trimming, foot care, oral cavity suctioning, and bowel supervision
- Wound care
- Blood Samples
- Post Operative Care
- Filling insulin syringes, interpreting blood sugar results and physician-ordered sliding scale dosages, and drawing up and/or mixing insulin for future injections
- Maintaining ostomy and catheter hygiene
- Setting up medications in weekly pill boxes or automatic medication dispensing machines to help ensure medications are administered appropriately
- Care training for family members
Comfort Keepers’ private nurses are available to provide living assistance 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We can arrange regularly scheduled visits or on an as-needed basis. We work closely with the client’s medical team and family to provide extended support.
For more information on our home care nursing, give us a call today at (778) 716-0276.
Comfort Keepers of Parksville, Qualicum Beach and Nanaimo provides in home care services in the following cities and postal codes in the British Columbia area:
Beaver Creek, Cameron Lake, Cassidy, Cedar, Dashwood, Dolphin Beach, Dunsmuir, Errington, Extension, Hilliers, Nanaimo, Nanoose Bay, Parksville, Port Alberni, Qualicum Bay, Qualicum Beach, South Wellington, Sproat Lake, and Whiskey Creek
V9K, V9P, V9R, V9S, V9T, V9U, V9V, V9Y, V9X