We at Comfort Keepers home care agency can help your loved one’s move home after a hospital stay or stay in a rehabilitation center by offering encouraging care throughout the recovery process. Post-hospital care is crucial for the elderly’s physical and mental recovery, especially for seniors who prefer to stay at home rather than in a senior care center. Comfort Keepers home care agency offers a variety of care services and tailored care plans, including adherence to hospital-provided discharge plans, all in the comfort and privacy of a senior’s own home.
Rehabilitation following an injury or sickness can be a difficult process, especially for the elderly. The period following hospital discharge is essential for recuperation. Patients may suffer despair or anxiety as a result of social isolation and a change in their routine, in addition to medical problems. Individuals are increasingly choosing to heal at home after being hospitalized.
How Comfort Keepers Can Help After a Discharge
Our caregivers, who are trained in infectious disease management and elder home care, can help people stay safe at home and reduce their risk of re-injury or hospital readmission by adhering to discharge care plans.
Individuals who have recently been discharged from a hospital or rehabilitation center can choose from a wide choice of postoperative care options. Our staff is dedicated to assisting your family during the critical healing time that follows hospitalization. Our carers are dedicated and trustworthy, and they are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Our Post-Hospital Care Services
Comfort Keepers home care agency assists families by offering high-quality care to people recovering at home after a hospital stay. We frequently collaborate with hospitals, medical centers, home health agencies, physical therapists, and other health care specialists to provide therapy to seniors and other folks in order to provide a comprehensive range of care that aids in the healing process.
Our senior home care providers make certain that our customers’ transitions from the hospital to their homes are as safe, comfortable, and smooth as possible. Post-hospital care plans provided by our caregivers may include a variety of services such as the following:
- We can provide transportation to and from hospitals and other medical institutions, as well as plan follow-up appointments and physical therapy sessions.
- Prescriptions and other supplies will be collected, and clients will be reminded to take their medication on time.
- Recovery is difficult, and our staff is here to support and encourage you while you follow your doctor’s advice.
- Clients who have undergone surgery are typically disillusioned or frustrated. Comfort Keepers can provide meaningful companionship and involve the client in interesting activities.
- Surgical treatments and protracted hospital stays can cause weakness and a loss of range of motion, making grooming and washing difficult. Our senior care providers may assist clients in dressing and getting ready for the day by providing basic personal hygiene assistance.
Care During a Break
- Our senior home care team can help primary caregivers take a much-needed break while still giving their loved ones with the necessary assistance and attention.
Communication and Monitoring
- Comfort Keepers home care agency will communicate with family members and the client’s primary care physician to keep everyone up to date on the client’s recovery progress. We collaborate with our clients and their families to develop a postoperative care strategy that is unique to each individual.