Interactive Caregiving – our distinctive approach to elderly care – is at the very heart of Comfort Keepers. Interactive Caregiving raises seniors’ quality of life and independence to a level higher than typical home care providers. Like other in-home care agencies, Comfort Keepers delivers essential personal care, companionship and housekeeping services that help seniors live at home. Through Interactive Caregiving, our senior caregivers fully engage and interact with those in their care. Please give us a call today for more information: (778) 716-0276.
Keeping Seniors Engaged and Active
Comfort Keepers allow seniors to take as active a role in their own care as they are able. Our senior caregivers interact with seniors in physical, mental and social activities they look forward to—going on walks or dancing, reminiscing, working on crossword puzzles or a cherished hobby, visiting favorite people and places.
The result? Healthier, safer, more fulfilling lives … in the comfort of home.
The Interactive Caregiving Difference
Through the Interactive Caregiving approach to elderly care, our caregivers actively promote health so seniors can continue to enjoy independent living at home.
Comfort Keepers uses Interactive Caregiving to make a positive difference in the lives of each senior client. For instance:
- Physical exercise helps seniors reduce the risk of falls, because it conditions and strengthens their muscles. Studies show that exercise is more effective in preventing falls than home modifications.
- Mental activities like solving puzzles or reminiscing help keep the mind nimble and unclouded by negative thoughts.
- Nutritious meals and proper hydration are good for the body and help keep seniors’ minds sharp, too.
- Home safety is promoted by the companionship of a caregiver and preventive measures, including safety technologies available through Comfort Keepers.
Comfort Keepers System of Care
Solid research confirms the Interactive Caregiving system of elderly care; seniors who stay actively engaged retain better cognitive function, remain in better physical condition and live happily and independently longer.
Four Essential Components to Interactive Caregiving
Interactive Caregiving operates on four primary components, which Comfort Keepers put to work as they care for, engage and interact with their clients:
- An active senior mind promotes independence, better mental and physical health, happiness and a longer life.
- A well-nourished senior is more energetic, both physically and mentally.
- A safe senior lives in an environment that reduces the likelihood of accidents and promotes timely response when illness or accidents occur.
- Home safety is promoted by the companionship of senior caregivers and preventive measures, including safety technologies available through Comfort Keepers.
Comfort Keepers of Parksville, Qualicum Beach and Nanaimo provides in home care services in the following cities and postal codes in the British Columbia area: