Our unique approach to senior home care services are at the very heart of Comfort Keepers of Calgary, AB
Our Interactive Caregiving™ approach to senior home care services raises seniors’ quality of life and independence to a higher level. Comfort Keepers of Calgary, AB delivers essential personal care, companionship and housekeeping services that help seniors live independently at home. Through Interactive Caregiving, our caregivers fully engage and interact with seniors in their care.
Keeping Seniors Engaged and Active
Our Comfort Keepers home health care services allow seniors to take as active a role as possible in their own care. Our caregivers interact with seniors in physical, mental and social activities they look forward to—going on walks or dancing, reminiscing, working on crossword puzzles or cherished hobbies, visiting favorite people and places.
The result? Healthier, safer, more fulfilling lives … all in the comfort of home.
The Interactive Caregiving Difference
Through our unique approach of Interactive Caregiving, caregivers are trained to promote senior involvement., which will help seniors continue to live independently at home. Comfort Keepers of Calgary, AB uses Interactive Caregiving to make a positive difference in the lives of each senior client. For instance:
- Physical exercise helps seniors reduce the risk of falls, because it conditions and strengthens their muscles.
- Mental activities that include solving puzzles or reminiscing help keep the mind nimble and unclouded by negative thoughts.
- Nutritious meals and proper hydration are good for the body and help keep seniors’ minds stay sharp, too.
- Home safety is promoted through preventative measures and the companionship of a caregiver. We also offer a variety of safety technologies.
Comfort Keepers® System of Senior Home Care
Research confirms that our Interactive Caregiving approach; seniors who stay actively engaged retain better cognitive function, remain in better physical condition and live happily and independently longer.
Four Essential Components to Interactive Caregiving
Interactive Caregiving operates on the below primary components, which Comfort Keepers put to work as they care for, engage and interact with their clients:
- An active senior mind promotes independence, better mental and physical health, happiness and a longer life.
- A well-nourished senior is more energetic, both physically and mentally.
- A safe senior lives in an environment that reduces the likelihood of accidents and promotes timely response when illness or accidents occur.