Comfort Keepers provides elder care services to ease the transition home after hospital or rehabilitation stays in Calgary, AB
The time immediately after a hospital stay can be critical to the health and recovery of a loved one. Studies show that the lack of proper support and care following surgery or a serious hospitalization can lead to slower recovery or even readmission to the hospital.
Family members often care for a loved one after a hospital stay, but can find it difficult to meet the physical and emotional challenges of such care. That’s why Comfort Keepers offers in home elder care that helps to ease the transition home.
Care Services to Ease the Transition Home
Our specialized in home elder care services are designed to help ease your loved one’s transition from a hospital stay to the home. Some of the care services we provide includes the following:
- Working closely with with the discharge planning staff to create and support the recovery care plan
- Medication reminders and assistance
- Assisting with household activities and responsibilities, including meal preparation, housekeeping, and running errands
- Nutrition Management through our Nourish Senior Life programme
- Providing transportation to follow-up appointments
- Communicating and collaborating with the medical team as needed
How Comfort Keepers Senior Care Can Help
In addition to the customary companion and personal care services that we provide, we can also provide more specialized care services to help with specific medical needs as congestive heart failure, myocardial infarction (heart attack), pneumonia, and the like.
Let Comfort Keepers of Calgary, AB help guide you safely through the transition process. We offer clients peace of mind and can help with the recovery once your loved one returns home. Our transition services team is available 24 hours a day and seven days a week to help your family member recover.