Self Managed Care Services in Calgary, AB
Learn more about Self Managed Care services and Comfort Keepers Home Care in Calgary, AB
What is Self-Managed Care?
Self-managed care is a program offered by Alberta Health Services that provides resources for seniors to pay for personal care and home care services. If approved for the program, seniors will need to engage in a legal contract with the Alberta Health Services that grants funding for a one-year term. Funding is typically assessed annually, but may be evaluated sooner if your health status undergoes substantial changes.
Who is Eligible for Self-Managed Care?
Only seniors who have a valid Alberta Health Care Card are eligible for self-managed care. To be considered, a senior must possess the following qualifications:
- Live in a home in a community setting
- Have stable health and predictable care needs
- Need ongoing personal care and home care services
- Be willing to manage the risks associated with home care services
What Care Services are Provided?
To determine the services you need, Comfort Keepers of Calgary will come to your home for a free in-home consultation. After getting to know the senior client, we will create a customized care plan that encompasses any of the following services:
- Bathing and Grooming
- Dressing and Mobility Assistance
- Toileting and Incontinence Care
- Meal Preparation and Light Housekeeping
- Transportation and Medication Reminders
To learn more about the home care we can provide as part of your self-managed care services, please contact us through our website or call us today at (403) 228-0072.