We create individualized plans of care for seniors based on their needs and personality.
Post Hospital Care
By providing uplifting care during recovery at home, we can ease your loved one’s transition after discharge from a hospital or time at a rehabilitation facility. After hospital care for the elderly is critical to both physical recovery and emotional wellbeing, especially for seniors who live in the comforts of home instead of a senior rehabilitation center. Comfort Keepers® provides a range of in-home senior care and custom care plans, including following hospital-provided discharge plans and rehab for the elderly after hospital stay, all in the comfort and privacy of home. proud to make that possible.
Studies show that most seniors find joy and meaning when they can live in the home they love as they age and remain close to their community. Comfort Keepers provides senior care services that can help the elderly remain independent in their own homes.
At Comfort Keepers, we believe that an in-home care plan should be customized to each individual’s needs, goals, and living situation. The best care improves quality of life by focusing on the care activities that increase engagement, improve physical and mental wellness, and bring happiness, purpose and hope.
Our services focus on physical needs and total wellbeing. We believe that everyone should experience the best of life, no matter their age or the level of care that is needed. At Comfort Keepers, we strive to elevate the spirits of our clients and their families every day.
Challenges of Rehabilitation
Rehabilitation after an injury or illness can be a complicated process, especially for senior rehab. The time immediately following release from the hospital is a critical phase of recovery.
In addition to physical challenges, patients can experience depression or anxiety caused by social isolation and a change to their normal routine. And, due to the current health crisis, we understand that more people may be recovering at home following a hospitalization.
Trained in infectious disease control and senior care, our caregivers can help those in recovery stay safely in the comfort of home and reduce the risk of re-injury or hospital readmission by following discharge care plans.
We can also provide respite care or a short period of relief for family members and other primary caregivers. After a major surgery or hospital stay, it is common for family to temporarily move-in, or make arrangements to have their loved one move in with them. This compassionate change in routine can be stressful and overwhelming. Our trained caregivers can step in to allow primary caregivers to take a much-needed break and recharge.
Uplifting Care During Post-Hospital Recovery
Comfort Keepers supports families by providing quality in-home care for seniors and other adults who need help at home during recovery after a hospital stay.
Our custom care plans are created to meet the needs of each unique individual we serve and can help ensure an easier recovery at home. We also support physician-prescribed exercise regimens, provide companionship and help families stay connected through technology.
At Comfort Keepers, we strive to elevate the human spirit through quality, compassionate, joyful care.
Comfort Keepers often works cooperatively with home health agencies, physical therapists, and other health professionals to provide complementary services so seniors and other adults are provided a full spectrum of care that will help expedite the recovery process.
Comfort Keepers caregivers make our clients’ transitions from hospital to home as seamless, safe, and positive as possible. Our caregivers post-operative care services include:
- Transportation – Comfort Keepers can provide transportation home from a hospital or facility, including scheduled follow up appointments and physical therapy sessions.
- Medication Reminders – Caregivers will pick up prescriptions and other supplies, and we can remind clients to take their medication on time.
- Encouragement – Recovery is hard work and Comfort Keepers is there to provide encouragement and support doctor-prescribed physical or speech therapy.
- Companionship – It’s not unusual for clients recovering from surgery to experience melancholy or become frustrated. Comfort Keepers is there to provide companionship and engage in meaningful activities that the client enjoys.
- Personal Care – Surgery and extended hospital stays often result in weakness and limited range of motion that cause difficulty grooming and bathing. Our caregivers can provide basic personal hygiene support to help get dressed and ready every day. This also includes light housekeeping to keep the home environment clean, tidy, and safe from any hazards.
- Respite Care – When you or other primary caregivers need relief, our caregivers can step in. We will cover all responsibilities while you take a break and recharge.
- Patient Monitoring and Communication – Comfort Keepers will provide follow-up communication with family members and a client’s Primary Care Physician to keep everyone updated on recovery status.
We actively work with our clients and their families to create a postoperative care strategy that fits everyone’s specific needs.
How Comfort Keepers Can Help
Comfort Keepers offers a diverse range of postoperative home care services for those just returning home after an extended stay in a hospital or rehabilitation facility.
We act as the support system your family needs during the decisive recovery period after hospital care. Dedicated and dependable, our caregivers are available around the clock, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Let Comfort Keepers help guide you through the after-surgery recovery process. Our home care expertise and compassion allow each client to focus on what’s most important – feeling better. Contact Us to talk to us about how we can help you or your loved one.
HOME CARE SERVICES IN YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD
Our caregivers are ready to help, with the care your senior needs