Why use a home care agency?
How to know when in-home care is right for you and your loved one in Cambridge, ON.
Personal support workers are an important part of how more and more families are caring for aging loved ones. As aging in place is becoming the choice of a majority of retirees and seniors in Canada, caregivers help to bridge the gap between daily needs and what family members are able to provide.
If you’re researching how to find the right in-home care for your family, you might be weighing the benefits of independent providers or going through a home care agency. An independent provider is usually an independent contractor, where your family will act as the employer. A home care agency is the employer of the caregiver and works with you to ensure that great care is provided to your aging loved one.
A home care agency can also provide:
- Customized care plans, built to accommodate the specific needs of your loved one, while giving you the peace of mind that more services or greater accommodations can be made later if needed.
- 24 hour care services, where three dedicated caregivers provide round-the-clock coverage for your loved one.
- Licensed, bonded, and insured caregivers who also participate in professional development initiatives via the agency, meaning your caregiver will always have the best knowledge in the field.
- Oversight for all care plans and care providing, helping to protect vulnerable seniors from mistreatment in their own homes.
- Coordination with your loved one’s medical health teams, including help following medication regimens, accompanied transportation to appointments, adherence to dietary recommendations, and more.
- Coverage and back-up for when caregivers have a sick day or a personal emergency, meaning your loved one is never without the help they need.
When you work with an independent contractor, you’ll build a relationship with one individual, relying on their personal skill set and experiences. When you work with a home care agency, you can access specialized care when needed, including Alzheimer’s or dementia care, transitional care, or end of life care, as your loved one’s needs change.
Choosing in home care can be a great way to help your loved one remain in their own home, maintaining their independent lifestyle, for longer, while also making sure that they are comfortable, safe, and happy every day. At Comfort Keepers, we believe all of our clients deserve the best possible quality of care throughout their golden years.
To learn more about our home care agency and how we can help your loved one live their best life possible, contact Comfort Keepers today.