Transitioning Home with Elder Care Services
Comfort Keepers care services can ease your loved one’s transition from the hospital or rehabilitation facility to home, which can lead to a better, more comfortable recovery
The time immediately after a hospital stay can be critical to the health and recovery of a loved one. Studies show that the lack of proper support and care following surgery or a serious hospitalization can lead to slower recovery or even readmission to the hospital, but our elder care services can help.
Family members often take on the task of caring for a loved one after a hospital stay but can find they are untrained or ill-prepared to meet the physical and emotional challenges of such care. That is why Comfort Keepers® of Cambridge and Brantford can help to ease the transition home.
Understanding Transitioning Care
This specialized care helps ease your loved one’s transition from a hospital stay to the home. Some of the elder care services Comfort Keepers can provide include the following:
- Assisting with the discharge planning staff to create and support the care plan to aid the recovery process
- Medication management and assistance
- Assistance with household activities and responsibilities, including meal preparation, housekeeping, and running errands
- Nutrition Management through our Nourish Senior Life programme
- Our Comfort Keepers can help with follow-up physician visits by reminding your loved one of the visit and arranging escorted transportation
- Communication with the medical team as needed
- Peace of mind for family and friends
How In-Home Elder Care Services Can Help
In addition to the customary homemaker/companion and personal care services Comfort Keepers provides, we are able to adapt services to accommodate clients with specific medical needs such as:
- congestive heart failure
- myocardial infarction (heart attack)
Let Comfort Keepers of Cambridge and Brantford help guide you safely through the transition process. We offer clients peace of mind and can help with the recovery once your loved one returns home. We are available 24 hours a day and seven days a week to provide elder care and help your family member recover.