Shopping for seniors who have everything—or who are working on downsizing—may be difficult. But there are plenty of holiday gifts that take up little or no space, yet are big on uplifting a senior’s spirits.
Ideas for Senior Gifts for the Holidays:
- Give a ticket to a concert, sporting event, museum, zoo or other venue that is important to your loved one. The gift to your loved one will also include a ticket for yourself and others who want to join in on the special outing.
- How about a gift before the holiday? That could be taking your loved one out for dinner and a holiday shopping trip to relieve the stress of navigating the seasonal crowds and trying to decide what to buy.
- Baskets of favorite nonperishable foods, teas and coffees, along with lap robes or blankets can also be nice gifts to help your loved one during the cold winter months.
- If you live away from your loved one, you can help shrink the distance with a gift of technology – such as a computer with a microphone and webcam that can enable you to stay in touch throughout the year.
- Another idea to give yourself peace-of-mind and allow your loved one to continue living comfortably, safely and independently at home is the Comfort Keepers®’ SafetyChoice® line of technology solutions, such as the 24-hour Personal Emergency Response System.