Sometimes a family caregiver just cannot meet the increasing medical needs of a loved one. Comfort Keepers® can help. Our specially trained nurses provide the level of in-home nursing services a loved one needs to stay safely at home rather than in a nursing facility or hospital.
What is Private Nursing?
In contrast to our traditional in-home senior care services, in-home nursing services provide one-on-one medical care to an individual in the home or a facility. Private nurses provide a higher level of care while working in tandem with the personal support worker who is providing homemaking or personal care services. Our goal is to provide the customized nursing services needed by a client and all from one agency.
How We Can Help
Our skilled home health licensed/registered practical nurses (LPNs and RPNs) and registered nurses (RNs) can perform many in-home nursing services tasks such as the following:
- Administering medications, such as oral and topical medications, eye and eardrops, injections, nebulizers, inhalants, and oxygen
- Providing personal medical care, including nail trimming, foot care, oral cavity suctioning, and bowel supervision
- Wound care
- Blood Samples
- Post Operative Care
- Filling insulin syringes, interpreting blood sugar results and physician-ordered sliding scale dosages, and drawing up and/or mixing insulin for future injections
- Maintaining ostomy and catheter hygiene
- Setting up medications in weekly pill boxes or automatic medication dispensing machines to help ensure medications are administered appropriately
- Care training for family members
Our private nurses in Toronto, ON are available to assist clients in their in-home nursing needs 24 hours a day, seven days a week with our nursing services. We can arrange regularly scheduled visits or on an as-needed basis. We work closely with the client’s medical team and family to provide extended support.
Comfort Keepers® Toronto, ON provides in-home care services and senior care in the following cities in Ontario:
Toronto, North York, East York, York, Scarborough, Etobicoke, Leaside, and Agincourt