Quarantine Care from Comfort Keepers of Toronto
If your loved one has newly entered a facility, we can cover their care during the 14-day quarantine
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the Ontario government has issued directives to maintain the health and safety of seniors receiving care in facilities and retirement homes. Among these is a requirement for a 14-day quarantine for all individuals newly entering a facility to ensure they have been screened for any risks that could impact their health or the health of others. Comfort Keepers of Toronto can ensure your senior loved ones stay safe and comfortable during this transition, with quarantine care from our compassionate personal support workers.
Isolation is a Risk for Seniors in Quarantine
It is important not to underestimate the impact on the mental health of seniors while they transition to their new facility. Our personal support workers will work to ensure that seniors not only receive the care they need but have activities to stay engaged and someone to talk to so they won’t feel isolated. Now more than ever it is important to keep seniors optimistic and bring them a daily dose of joy.
We know this is a difficult time for seniors and their families. We can give peace of mind knowing your loved one is under the very best care, as his or her well-being is our number one priority. Our personal support workers have been trained to provide care with safety protocols such as:
- Proper use of PPE at all times, including masks, gloves, and hospital-grade disinfectant to wipe down surfaces
- Staying home if they feel ill with any sickness to ensure they will not infect others
- Not providing care for those who have been tested positive for the virus as a safekeeping measure for themselves and for their other clients and families
- Following all hygiene procedures as directed by the PHAC including frequent handwashing, sanitizing surfaces, waste disposal, and limiting the spread of germs
- Knowing the signs of COVID-19 and reporting and taking immediate precautions per national guidelines
Our caregivers can offer a variety of services including:
- Emotional support and conversations
- Engagement in fulfilling activities with seniors
- Picking up prescriptions and providing transportation to appointments
- Grocery shopping and help planning healthy meals
- Help with hygiene, personal care, and activities of daily living
If your loved one requires care at a new facility in Toronto or the surrounding area, we can ensure they receive the best care and support possible during their 14-day quarantine period. Contact us today at (416) 800-2535 to learn more about how quarantine care services can help your senior loved one.