Promote Joy And Wellness With Board Games For Seniors
Fun and games are every bit as important for seniors as they are for anyone else. With age comes challenges with health, mobility and increasingly limited independence. All too often, seniors struggle with feelings of loneliness, isolation and boredom. While the physical and medical needs of seniors are usually the first to be addressed by family and caregivers, supporting seniors emotionally is equally important to their overall wellness. For seniors, board games offer nostalgia and simple pleasures. They are an accessible and enjoyable way to elevate the spirit and maintain a higher quality of life.
Here at Comfort Keepers Peterborough, we know the value of a daily dose of joy. Each of our senior clients has their own interests and abilities and, fortunately, there are board games to suit just about anyone’s tastes. Together we can revisit old favourites like Scrabble, Backgammon and Chess or explore some of the fun and engaging games that are released every year. The special caregivers we call Comfort Keepers are ready to promote joyful independent living through play. Helping our senior clients find moments of joy through play lifts the spirit and improves their quality of life, both of which are at the heart of our philosophy of care.
Board Games For Seniors In Peterborough
Board games provide seniors with fun, laughter and an opportunity to challenge their minds. Games are a wonderful way for seniors to pass the time, lift their spirit and feel connected. Whether the game is creative or strategic, everyone benefits. Our Comfort Keepers are always happy to help their senior clients play board games and share moments of joy.
Playing Board Games Offers Many Benefits To Seniors
When it comes to playing board games, there are benefits over and above the joy and entertainment they offer. For seniors, playing board games:
- Encourages social interaction. Most board games are intended for two or more players and whether they are competitive or collaborative, playing a game with a companion, friend or caregiver offers a much needed opportunity to socialize.
- Stimulates the mind. Studies have shown that playing games – board games in particular- is very beneficial for the cognitive health of senior adults. In fact, the studies suggest that playing board games significantly reduces cognitive decline in older adults.
- Reduces stress. Playing board games is fun. Smiling and laughter are both sure ways to ward off stress and negative feelings.
- Increases dexterity. Moving small pieces around a board, picking up cards, drawing and other components of board game play give seniors a chance to maintain dexterity in their hands.
- Promotes joy and fun! Everyone deserves to have fun and play as part of their lives. Seniors are no exception.
Contact Comfort Keepers Peterborough For More About Board Games For Seniors
If you or a senior in your family needs support or companionship in order to enjoy favourite activities such as board games, contact Comfort Keepers Peterborough to learn more about how we can help facilitate Board Games for Seniors in Peterborough.