How do Comfort Keepers® caregivers manage to care for clients all around Peterborough and the surrounding area? It’s through Interactive Caregiving™, which is our senior caregivers’ unique approach to home care. It is, in fact, at the very core of our business.
Interactive Caregiving raises seniors’ quality of life and independence to a level higher than typical care at home. Like other care providers, we deliver essential personal care, companionship, and housekeeping services that help seniors live at home. Through Interactive Caregiving, our care providers fully engage and interact with seniors in their care.
Keeping Seniors Engaged and Active
Our care services in Peterborough, ON allow seniors to take as active a role in their own care as they are able. Our care aides interact with seniors in physical, mental, and social activities they look forward to—going on walks or dancing, reminiscing, working on crossword puzzles or a cherished hobby, visiting favorite people and places.
The result? Healthier, safer, more fulfilling lives … in the comfort of home.
The Interactive Caregiving™ Difference
Through the Interactive Caregiving approach to in-home care, senior caregivers actively promote health so seniors can continue to enjoy independent living at home.
Our home helpers in Peterborough, ON use Interactive Caregiving to make a positive difference in the lives of each senior client. For instance:
- Physical exercise helps seniors reduce the risk of falls because it conditions and strengthens their muscles. Studies show that exercise is more effective in preventing falls than home modifications.
- Mental activities like solving puzzles or reminiscing help keep the mind nimble and unclouded by negative thoughts.
- Nutritious meals and proper hydration are good for the body and help keep seniors’ minds sharp, too.
- Home safety is promoted by the companionship of a care provider and preventive measures, including safety technologies available through our agency.
Comfort Keepers® System of Senior Caregivers
Solid research confirms the Interactive Caregiving system of care; seniors who stay actively engaged retain better cognitive function, remain in better physical condition, and live happily and independently longer. Our care aides engage aging adults in activities to enhance daily care and overall health.
Four Essential Components to Interactive Caregiving
Interactive Caregiving operates on four primary components, which our senior caregivers put to work as they care for, engage and interact with their clients:
- An active senior mind promotes independence, better mental and physical health, happiness, and longer life.
- A well-nourished senior is more energetic, both physically and mentally.
- A safe senior lives in an environment that reduces the likelihood of accidents and promotes timely response when illness or accidents occur.
- Home safety is promoted by the companionship of a care provider and preventive measures, including safety technologies available through Comfort Keepers.