Now accepting new clients. Covid screening protocols are in place and Comfort Keepers Peterborough is providing all required PPE for visits including mask, gloves, cleaners, and hand sanitizer.
Our team at Comfort Keepers Peterborough has been working tirelessly throughout the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic to provide care and support to the people in our community. Our services and supports will continue to evolve as things unfold. At this time, we are offering COVID-19 Screening Services to businesses, facilities or factories and Staffing Services for long term care or retirement residences.
COVID-19 Screening Services
As places of business and manufacturing facilities begin to re-open, ensuring the safety of staff and the public is top of mind for us all. We are offering Screening Services to help you maintain a lower-risk workplace.
COVID-19 Screening Services can include:
- Having a Comfort Keepers Peterborough caregiver (PSW or Companion) remain at the front door of your business to screen employees at the point of entry.
- Our staff are provided with full PPE (mask, gloves, gown, face shield) and a heat scan thermometer.
- Typically, a list of screening questions posted at the entry which the employee reviews. Our staff member asks the person being screened if they answer “yes” to any of the screening questions.
- Our staff member then scans their temperature. It is pass/fail only. If the fails, they are sent home and told to contact HR or management.
NOTE: Peterborough Comfort Keepers are screening only. Dealing with the outcome of the screen remains in the hands of the employer, management, and/or HR.
Staffing Services for Retirement Residences and Senior Communities
Seniors living in retirement residences or senior communities can face special challenges due to the COVID-19 health and safety measures in place. Now, more than usual, companionship and care are essential for the wellbeing of our seniors. Comfort Keepers Peterborough can provide the following services for seniors living in retirement residences or senior communities:
- Companion care for new move-ins. A community of friends and neighbours takes time to build and can be extra challenging in the current circumstances. If you have a senior family member moving into a retirement residence or senior community we can help.
- Hands-on support with day-to-day tasks such as meal porting, laundry, housekeeping, and one-on-one support to ensure a comfortable quality of life.
- Assistance with the process of self-isolating. At this time, many retirement residences and senior communities require new residents to self-isolate for up to 14 days. This can prove challenging for our seniors