How Comfort Keepers Peterborough Is Keeping You Safe.
Here at Comfort Keepers Peterborough, we are committed to keeping both our staff and our clients safe. We have implemented rigorous and ongoing self-screening for all staff and clients, provide time off for Covid-19 testing and recovery, and provide full PPE supplies to all staff at no cost to the client.
- Self-screening for all staff 8 hours prior to the beginning of a scheduled visit and instructions to alert our offices at the first sign of any changes.
- Client screening before sending staff on site.
- Sick days as needed (typically 4) while waiting for a negative Covid-19 test result and symptoms to clear.
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch surfaces at each visit.
- Full PPE provided to all staff including hand sanitizer, gloves, medical-grade masks (no reusable masks allowed at this time), face shields, and protective eye goggles as needed.
- *NEW* Rapid testing twice weekly for our office staff and for field staff and clients on request.
The Comfort Keepers Peterborough staff is now in the process of receiving their Covid-19 vaccinations.
The safety of our staff, clients, and community continues to be one of our top priorities. In addition to all ongoing health and safety protocols, our staff is now in the process of being vaccinated for Covid-19 with every staff member having now received their first of two vaccinations.
COVID-19 Screening Services
As places of business and manufacturing facilities begin to re-open, ensuring the safety of staff and the public is top of mind for us all. We are offering Screening Services to help you maintain a lower-risk workplace.
COVID-19 Screening Services can include:
- Having a Comfort Keepers Peterborough staff member (PSW or Caregiver) posted at the front door of your business to screen employees at the point of entry.
- Our staff are provided with full PPE (mask, gloves, gown, face shield) and a heat scan thermometer.
- Typically, a list of screening questions is posted at the entry which the employee reviews. Our staff member then asks and records if the person being screened has answered “yes” to any of the questions.
- Our staff member then scans their temperature. It is pass/fail only. If the employee fails (ie. they have a temperature higher than the established allowable temperature), they are sent home and told to contact HR or management.
NOTE: Peterborough Comfort Keepers are screening only. Dealing with the outcome of the screen remains in the hands of the employer, management, and/or HR.
Staffing Services for Retirement Residences and Senior Communities
Seniors living in retirement residences or senior communities can face special challenges due to the COVID-19 health and safety measures in place. Now, more than usual, companionship and care are essential for the wellbeing of our seniors. Comfort Keepers Peterborough can provide the following services for seniors living in retirement residences or senior communities:
- Companion care for new move-ins. A community of friends and neighbours takes time to build and can be extra challenging in the current circumstances. If you have a senior family member moving into a retirement residence or senior community we can help.
- Hands-on support with day-to-day tasks such as meal porting, laundry, housekeeping, and one-on-one support to ensure a comfortable quality of life.
- Assistance with the process of self-isolating. At this time, many retirement residences and senior communities require new residents to self-isolate for up to 14 days. This can prove challenging for our seniors
Quarantine Care for Seniors Transitioning To Retirement Residences or Long-Term Care
If your loved one is moving to a retirement residence or long-term care home, there is a mandatory 14 day quarantine period that must be observed. While it is essential for the safety of your loved one and the other residents and staff in their new home, this period of quarantine can make the transition additionally challenging. Our Comfort Keepers caregivers and personal support workers have been trained to provide compassionate and professional care while adhering to stringent safety protocols.
If your loved one requires care during quarantine as they transition to a new facility in Peterborough or the surrounding area, contact us today at (705) 243-4042 or by clicking the link below.
Now accepting new clients. Covid screening protocols are in place and Comfort Keepers Peterborough is providing all required PPE for visits including mask, gloves, cleaners, and hand sanitizer.
Our team at Comfort Keepers Peterborough has been working tirelessly throughout the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic to provide care and support to the people in our community. Our services and supports will continue to evolve as things unfold. At this time, we are offering COVID-19 Screening Services to businesses, facilities or factories and Staffing Services for long term care or retirement residences.