Senior Home Care in Halifax, NS and the Surrounding Areas
Comfort Keepers of Halifax, NS offers senior home care to your loved ones.
There are times when the medical needs of seniors or the disabled are too much for family caregivers. So, in addition to Comfort Keepers of Halifax’s traditional in-home care services, we also offer in-home nursing services Halifax, giving one-on-one medical care to an individual at home or in a facility. Working together with the caregiver, a private nurse can help deliver a level of care not normally available outside a medical facility.
How We Can Help You
Our licensed/registered practical nurses (LPNs and RPNs) and registered nurses (RNs) can perform many medical tasks such as the following:
- Administering all forms of medications, including injections.
- Providing personal medical care, including oral cavity suctioning, bowel supervision, nail trimming and foot care.
- Postoperative Care
- Taking Blood Samples
- Wound care, cleaning and dressing
- Filling insulin syringes, interpreting blood sugar results and physician-ordered sliding scale dosages, and drawing up and/or mixing insulin for future injections
- Ensuring catheter and ostomy hygiene
- Overseeing and organizing the dispensing of medications
- Care training for family members
Our private nurses are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Visits can be regularly scheduled or on an as-needed basis.
Download PPT to know more