Comfort Keepers Home Care Agency of Halifax, NS
Learn more about our home care agency and the senior care services we offer to adults in the Halifax, NS area.
At Comfort Keepers of Canada, our mission is to help seniors maintain their independence and get the assistance they need to continue aging at home comfortably. To that end, our home care agency provides an array of in-home care services designed not only to assist with daily routines but to improve quality of life in general.
If your loved one requires more care and attention than you can manage as a family caregiver, working with Comfort Keepers home care agency may be the right choice for your family.
At Comfort Keepers, you can choose from the following care programs:
- In-Home Care – These services comprise of companionship and assistance with a number of daily routines such as basic homemaking tasks, meal preparation, laundry, errands, grocery shopping, medication reminders, and more.
- Interactive Care Services – Our unique approach to care, also known as Interactive Caregiving, seeks to improve a senior’s overall well-being by keeping them physically, mentally, and socially engaged through meaningful interaction and favorite activities.
- Dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease Care – Expertly trained and experienced caregivers help aging adults afflicted with mid-stage and late-stage dementia to continue living safely at home for as long as possible.
- End of Life Care – Patients with limited life expectancy receive compassionate care and their family members get support and comfort during the end of life transition.
- Nursing Services – Licensed/registered practical nurses and registered nurses provide one-on-one medical care and perform numerous medical tasks in the client’s home.
- Respite Care – These senior care services are designed to provide temporary relief for the primary caregiver when they need to take a short break from caregiving, whether to rest, go to work or run errands.
- Transportation Services – We offer incidental transportation to seniors who no longer drive, helping them get to scheduled appointments, family visits, and social events.
- Home Transition Services – Recently discharged seniors are at a higher risk of returning to the hospital than any other age group. Our post-hospital services help ease the transition and minimize this risk, securely paving the way to a full recovery.
Contact our office to learn more about how your senior can benefit from our home care agency and schedule your free in-home consultation, where our care coordinator can visit with you and/or your loved one to assess their situation and discuss your family’s needs in detail.